"Top 10 Scholarship Application Do’s"
You might think there’s not
much to a scholarship application. After all, it’s only one or two pages long.
How much of a difference could it make?
The truth is: A lot.
judges use applications to separate the students with promise from the students
who will receive a polite letter informing them that they are not the winners.
Scholarship applications offer a quick snapshot of what you have to
We recommend that you spend time on your applications; crafting
them to fit the award you want to win. To help, we’ve developed a list of the
Top 10 Scholarship Application Do’s.
- Understand the scholarship’s
mission. To get any money, you have to know why they’re giving it out. In other
words, read the description of the award to see why the organization is
sponsoring it. A photography club might sponsor a scholarship for promising
young photographers to promote its craft or to build awareness with the public.
Appreciating the purpose of the award will help you create an application that
- Remember who your audience is. Think about who the
judges are likely to be. You must address animal rights activists and retired
- Show how you fit with the scholarship’s mission.
You’re not going to win unless you have what the selection committee
is looking for.
- Be proud of your accomplishments. Don’t be afraid to
brag. Caution- don't exaggerate.
- Focus on leadership and contributions.
Make your contributions known.
- Make your application stand out. Set yours apart with unique
- Practice to make sure everything fits. Use your spare
copies of the application for practice.
- Get editors. They’ll help you
create the best, error-free applications you can. Your editors will pick up where spell check leaves off.
- Include a resume. Whether they ask for it or not, make sure you include a tailored scholarship
resume. Emphasize leadership and team work.
- Make copies of your finished applications for
reference. Save them for next year when you do this all over again.
Thank you for visiting,
This Web-site Designed and Maintained by
E&A Marketing. All Rights Reserved.
All web addresses have been verified as functional at the time of publishing.
However, since websites are dynamic and ever-changing we can not assure you the
sites will function when you visit. Please report any broken